S&B Home Health Care is a Personal Care Provider Organization (PCPO) and a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Choice provider with the department of Human services. We assist the individuals we serve in many different ways
- Dressing – Application of clothing and special appliances or wraps.
- Grooming – Basic hair care, oral cares, shaving, basic nail care, applying cosmetics and deodorant, care of eyeglasses, and hearing aids.
- Bathing – Basic personal hygiene and skin care.
- Eating – Completing the process of eating including application of orthotics required for eating, hand washing, and transfers.
- Transfers – Assistance to transfer the person from one seating or reclining area to another.
- Mobility – Assistance with ambulation.
- Positioning – Assistance with positioning or turning a person for necessary care and comfort.
- Toileting – Helping person with bowel or bladder cares. This includes transfers, mobility, positioning, feminine hygiene, use of toileting equipment or supplies, cleansing the perineal area, inspection of the skin and adjusting clothing.
We also can help with some health related procedures and tasks
- Assistance with self-administered medications
- Interventions for seizure disorders, including monitoring, and observation
- Range of motion to maintain a person’s strength, and muscle functioning
Our personal care assistants may assist our clients with the following as needed:
- Accompany to medical appointments
- Accompany to participate in the community
- Assist with paying bills
- Communicate by telephone and other media
- Complete household tasks integral to the PCA services
- Plan and prepare meals
- Shop for food, clothing and other essential items.
We are dedicated to helping those in need, and treating clients as our family. We believe that everyone is entitled to be cared for with dignity and respect.
We hire and train Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) in accordance with State of Minnesota guidelines to ensure skilled and sensitive help. All of our PCAs are supervised by a Registered Nurse.
Our team has years of first-hand experience in the care giving service, allowing us to know and utilize every option and resource available. We go the extra mile to build a great relationship/bond with the individuals we serve.